How to Sync Facebook Events to Calendar on iPhone
Most iOS users get used to viewing Facebook events such as reminders of the friend’s birthdays on the calendar. However, if you update your device to the iOS 11, you will notice that the calendar no longer sends the notifications on your phone. The Show Calendars list still shows the Facebook events if you marked them as ‘interested or attending’. However, after the iOS 11 update, any change will disappear. If this case happens to you, then you should not worry as we are going to show you steps to sync Facebook events on your iPhone calendar in iOS 11 version.
Sync Facebook Events to Calendar
Apple has made a few changes in iOS 11 version that prevents your calendar from the synchronization. But there is an easy way to sync Facebook events to your iPhone calendar so that you can use the iOS calendar as per your preferences.
On iPhone or iPad
- To add a device’s calendar, launch the Safari and open your Facebook events page.
- If Facebook redirects you to the mobile version, you need to force stop it and then head over to the desktop version, (https://www.facebook.com/events/).
- Once you successfully reached to the required page, scroll down and choose the calendar by taping on the Upcoming Events There will be a “The Calendar __ Facebook Events has been added” confirmation appearing on the screen. That’s all!
You can also repeat the same process with the Birthdays Calendar. Once done, simply check your Calendar app and you will see the Facebook Events and Birthday calendars below the subscribed list. Depending on your needs, you can turn on or off the calendar.
To remove the subscribed calendar on your iOS 11 device, just head to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Subscribed Calendars.
On Mac and More iOS Devices
- To add Facebook events or Birthday calendar to the Mac calendar, you need to visit the Facebook event page on your device.
- Now, scroll down and take look at the right-hand column to find the Upcoming Events You will be prompted to open the link in the default app.
- After your Mac OS Calendar app asks you to subscribe the calendar, simply click on Allow
Once done, you can then control the calendar’s settings from any device using your iCloud account.
Also see: Here how you can change what day your week starts in the calendar app on iPhone
How to Sync Facebook Events via Google Calendar
If you are a user who usually uses Google Calendar, you can then add the Facebook events calendar with the URL. You can find the address or the URL on the Facebook events page. After that, copy the address and paste it into your desired field on the Google calendar.
Once done, you just sync it with the calendar on your iOS device to view the same events on your phone.
These are the methods to sync Facebook events. With these tips, we hope you won’t have any trouble in accessing the Facebook calendar on your iOS device. Let’s know how they work on your phone!