Invalid Response from iTunes Error? Here is how to fix
The “invalid response from iPhone” error is a quite popular problem that iPhone users must catch it at least once during their time using iOS devices. This error usually happens when the USB cable gets the issue. Plugging your iOS device into the computer with the help of USB cable and then using iTunes to back up data is very popular. But iTunes gets frozen and shows an error message. If you ignore it and then shut down the computer, it can lead to the data lost, so exploring alternative options is important. These options will not cause harm or damage to your system and data.
Solutions to Fix Invalid Response from iPhone Error
Here are two paths that you should try to get rid of this problem.
- If your iTunes is not up to date, then update it to the available version. The issue can appear due to an old version installed.
- Try to uninstall the current iTunes version and then reinstall it in order to get rid of unwanted bugs and issues.
If the “invalid response from iPhone” error still continues, try other solutions below
Switching USB Cables or Ports
This problem comes from the USB cable, which is damaged, broken and isn’t able to make a strong enough connection. After you find another cable and it works properly, the issue absolutely relates to the USB port.
Unlock Device and Trust
If you want the connection between your iDevice and your computer to be successful, you have to trust Computer. If the Computer is not trusted, then the transfers or synchronization are never successful. To trust it, simply unlock your device and after you see a message “Trust this Computer”, simply tap on Trust. Now launch iTunes and manage your device.
In case you accidentally tap on Don’t Trust, then you have to reset the trusted devices by heading to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy. After that, reconnect your device to the computer and the Trust popup will ask you to trust the computer again.
Also see: How To Fix iTunes Freezing on Windows 10
Use AnyTrans To Sync iPhone and iTunes
If the invalid response from iPhone problem still exists, it would be useful with the iTunes alternative, called AnyTrans. The software can help you back up, restore that is similar to iTunes. Follow these below steps to use Anytrans:
- First, download the AnyTrans app and then install it on your computer.
- Next, plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac using the USB cable.
- After that, launch the removable disk your computer and open the app by choosing Import
- Once done, choose the files that you want to import, or select all of them.
- Now, simply click on Import to move on. Wait for the process to complete.
- Your data is now transferred safely to your computer.
Other solutions you can also try to fix the invalid response error:
- Plug in a different USB port.
- Restart both your iPhone and computer then try reconnecting.
- After all, reset Network Setting by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- You can also reset the iPhone by holding down Power + Home (Volume Down) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
These are methods that you can apply to fix the invalid response from iPhone error between your iPhone and iTunes. If you know other suggestions, let’s know in the comment below.