YouTube to MP3 Converter Apps for iPhone
Those who don’t subscribe to the popular music streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music, listening to music on YouTube is a great alternative. Although it’s free, we’re sure many times you want to download music from YouTube on your iPhone for listening offline. Unfortunately, YouTube does not allow you to download any contents on your iOS device due to the copyright reasons.
However, downloading music from YouTube is not impossible, but you need to find the right way. So in this post, we’ll show you multiples ways to save YouTube videos under MP3 format on your iPhone.
Download YouTube Music Using Documents app
The first method is easy and convenient. There is a handy app from the App Store that lets you download videos from YouTube and then convert it into MP3 format.
- Launch App Store and then search & install Documents by Readdle app
- Open YouTube app and choose the video you wish to download. Now, tap on Share and select “Copy Link”.
- Launch the Documents app and then open its built-in browser. After that, enter this URL: biz/youtube-to-mp3/(or direct link)
- Now, paste the recent YouTube link into the field and choose Convert to MP3 option
- Wait for a moment depending on the size of your YouTube video, you will then see a link to your MP3 file.
- Once done, a big “Download” button will appear. Simply tap on it, and it will display a Save File page. Title your new MP3 file if you like and save it in. The default folder is Documents/Downloads.
- Now, return to the homepage of your Documents app and tap Downloads folder and you will see the music here.
After the music video has been converted to MP3, you can still listen to it even when you use another app.
YouTube++ is a tweaked version of the YouTube app for iOS devices that allows you to save videos and songs on your iPhone/iPad. It comes with a directly built-in Download button in the app.
But the installation may be a bit difficult for newbies as the process requires a computer.
How to Download & Install YouTube++ (including iOS 11)
- Click here to download the YouTube++ IPA file on your computer
- You will also need to download Cydia Impactor app. You can find the download link from here
- Now, remove the official YouTube app and connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor, choose the downloaded IPA file and drag & drop into the software window.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password and Impactor will then start installing the YouTube++ app
- Once done, on your iPhone/iPad, go to Settings app > General > Profile or Device Management choose the email you entered earlier and tap on Trust.
- Return to your home screen and open the new YouTube++ app.
From now on, you can download any videos from YouTube directly inside the app without downloading other apps. The file will then be saved to your Camera Roll and you can play it whenever you want.
The last thing to note, the Documents app and YouTube++ are compatible with iOS 11 version and without requiring the jailbreak.