Steps To Save A Pages Document As A Word Document
Although all of you have already installed Microsoft Word on your Mac, most you stick to Pages, the equivalent of the renowned text editing software which is now available for new Mac or iOS devices. For many Mac users, Pages is good enough for them, but in some cases there is an issue when you need to convert or save a file in a Word document format.
If you have just switched to Mac and don’t know about the compatibility of your text files, here is how to save a Pages document in a format of Word document. Since the process is the same, you will also know how to convert a Pages file to a Microsoft Word file on your Mac.
Steps to save or convert Pages files as Microsoft Word files
As mentioned, the process of saving or converting a Pages file to a Word file is the same on the Mac, so if you want to save a new file, or convert one, simply follow these directions.
- To save a new Pages document as a Word document, first launch Pages on your Mac and then draft that document.
In case you want to convert a Pages document, just open that file on your Mac.
- Once the Pages document is opened, click on File> Export To > Word… in the menu bar.
- There is now a popup on your screen, just click on Advanced Options. Here, you will see the option to save or convert the file to either a format of .docx or .doc.
By default, Pages would choose to save a .docx file format as it is the most recent one, but if you want that Word document to work with older Microsoft Word versions, you’d better save as .doc as it is the most compatible format.
- Now, click Next…and choose the folder where you want to save the Word document.
- Finally, click Exportto save the file.
Although the Pages document has been saved as a Word file, you can still open it and edit it by using Pages on your Mac.
Also read: How to Install Mac OS on Windows 10 Computer
Step to convert or save a Pages file to Microsoft Word file on iPhone/ iPad
For iOS devices, converting an existing Pages document or saving a new one in the format of Microsoft Word document comes with the same process. Here is how you can do this on your iOS device:
- On your iOS device, download and then launch the Pages app.
- Now, create a new document, or open the existing file to convert to Word document.
- At the upper right corner of the text editor, tap on the three dots icon
4. It will then appear, simply tap on Export.
5.Choose Word from the different file formats providing to you.
6. You can also save the file in the Files app, or share it via email, SMS.
Unlike the Pages app for Mac, the Pages app for iPhone/iPad will automatically save the file as a .docx document format, as almost of people nowadays use the Word versions.