How To Fix Face ID Not Working On iPhone X
The most awaited iPhone X was finally introduced by Apple on September 12. One of the latest features of iPhone X is the Face ID – a new authorization method. Apple has removed their traditional Touch ID in favor of the Face ID, which allows users to unlock their iPhone X with their face. Although it’s an innovative feature, many users sate that the Face ID is not as secure enough as the Touch ID. Due to the new Face ID technology; it might have issues with authentic faces. If you are in case with unlocking your iPhone using the Face ID feature, then there are some methods to fix the issue.
But before starting the procedure to fix the issue, you need to make sure:
- Your face is within full view of the iPhone front camera.
- Your face is not too close to your phone.
- There are no faces in the background.
- You are not wearing anything on your face such as glass, jewelry, etc.
How to Fix Face ID Not Working on iPhone X
After checking that the Face ID error is not caused by your own slip-up, you then follow the troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
- Restart your device
A bug of the software can cause the Face ID to stop working properly. So you should try restarting your device to fix the issue.
- Use Better Lighting
The Face ID feature fails to work because the lighting around you is too dark or too bright. You should ensure the ideal lightning conditions around you for the Face ID to recognize your face accurately.
- Delete Face ID and Scan your Face Again
It’s possible that the Face ID is unable to scan your face properly during the setup process. It can be easily fixed by removing the current Face ID and setting it up again:
- Go to Settings and choose Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter your passcode, tap on the Face ID and choose Delete Face.
- Once done, return to the Face ID & Passcode and tap on Enroll Face to set up a new one.
- Reset your phone
Resetting your iPhone might help to fix the minor software glitches. This process will only restore to factory default, so all your personal data will still remain.
To reset, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings and enter your iPhone’s passcode if required.
- Following the process to reset all the settings on your phone.
- Restore your iPhone X
If none of the above methods works, then the last resort you can do is performing a full restore. However, this will delete all the data on your iPhone and restore it to factory defaults. So we recommend you to make a backup of your phone using iCloud or iTunes. Once done, you can restore your iPhone, which will then restart your device. After the your iPhone X is installed completely, transfer your personal data back into your phone from iCloud or iTunes.