How to Install Mac OS on Windows 10 Computer
Have you ever thought of running run Mac OS on Windows 10? Many websites said that it was impossible to run Mac OS on Windows 10 or install Mac OS on computer as it could ruin your software. However, we think different. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install Mac OS on your Windows 10 Computer.
Steps to Install Mac OS on PC with Windows 10
- First of all, you need to download this file(approximately 6 GB), called Yosemite 10.10 Retail .rar. Once done extract the file and move to a location of your choice. We recommend you a SSD for a better speed. This file contains VMware of OS X files (vmx, vmdk) to use with VMware products.
- Now install VMware Workstationor VMware Player.
- Download the latest OS X Unlocker. It’s currently at version 2.0.8.
- Extract the files of OS X Unlocker to patch the installed VMware product, so that Mac OS X can be installed.
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted and moved the OS X Unlocker and run win-install.cmd and win-update-tools.cmd as Administrator.
Note: if you want to restore the original files for your VMware app, simply run win-uninstall.cmd.
Also read: Top Five Antivirus Programs For Mac
- Run VMware Workstation (VMware Player) and choose Open a Virtual Machine.
- Now, select the Mac OS X 10.11.vmx file and open it.
- Select Edit virtual machine settings by right clicking on the Mac OS X 10.11 object on the left side panel.
- You should now maintain the default resources if that bump the memory up. In case you don’t see this option, run the OS X Unlocker steps again and make sure to run it as Administrator.
- Switch on the Virtual Machine by using Power on the virtual machine or right clicking and heading to Power > Start Up Guest.
- The machine will now start booting up and bring you to the OS X setup process. Once done, you now install the latest VMware Tools onto the recently created OS X VM.
- Right click on the Mac OS X 10.9 VM and then go to Settings > CD/DVD and browse and mount the iso file
- The VMware Tools installer will now pop up for installing VMware Tools. Click on it and reboot upon completion.
These are all steps to install Mac OS on your Windows computer. Hopefully it works for you and don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below.