Steps To Remove Duplicates In iTunes
iTunes is a very efficient tool for managing music on the computer and it’s now becoming more speedy and cleaner. However, there is still an existing common problem coming from duplicated files. Sometimes iTunes have multiple copies of the same song, or doubled copies of an album in its library that is troublesome as they utilize redundant space, make searching complicated, and make the same song play repeatedly. So in this post, we’ll show you how to remove duplicates in your iTunes.
Steps to Find and Remove Duplicates in iTunes
In the later iTunes version, finding duplicates is easier. You could find and remove duplicates just by going to the path: View > Show Duplicates. Here are the steps to remove duplicates in iTunes 12.x versions:
- First, launch the iTunes app.
- Click File > My Library > Show Duplicates
- Click ‘All’ to see the duplicate tracks, click ‘Same Album’ to display duplicated songs from a specific album.
- Now, click the Name column in iTunes to view duplicate files next to each other.
iTunes will now only display the duplicated tracks based on the same Song and Artist, so you might see multiple versions of the same song in different albums.
When dragging and dropping your music in iTunes, there is a way so that it will no longer import the duplicate audio files to your iTunes library. Simply press the Options key on Mac or Alt key on Windows to force duplicate song in iTunes. After that, you will no longer have to adjust anything. Here are the detailed steps to remove duplicates in iTunes and organize your library:
- Launch iTunes and click on iTunes > Preferences.
- Click on Advanced.
- Make sure that you check on the Keep iTunes Media folder organized box.
- Also tick on the Copy files to iTunes Media Folder when adding to Library .
- Click on Reset all dialog warnings.
- Click OK to confirm your action
Now, it will organize the music folder in your iTunes library. Let’s know your thoughts in the comment below.