How to Stop iTunes from Automatically Opening On Computer
Right after plugging your iPhone or iPad to your computer, iTunes will then open up instantly. Although it’s a useful feature, in some case it brings negative effects. For instance, it causes your computer to freeze or lag. However, there is now a method to stop iTunes from automatically opening when your iPhone/iPad is connected to Mac or Windows PC.
Stop iTunes from Opening Automatically When Connecting iPhone to Computer
Before getting start, make sure you have your computer available because the setting changes need to be accessed from there. To stop iTunes from opening automatically on your computer, simply follow these steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer, which will make iTunes to launch.
- Click on your iPhone icon at the top left corner.
- Click on the ‘Summary’ tab from the left panel.
- Head to the ‘Options’ menu and then uncheck the ‘Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected’ box.
- Finally, click ‘Apply’ to save this change.
You can repeat these steps with other your Apple devices to prevent iTunes from opening automatically on your computer.
Besides stop iTunes from opening automatically on Mac or Windows, you can also stop it from syncing your iOS device. To prevent your device from syncing automatically with iTunes, simply go to iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices, choose your device from the list and check the Prevent iPods, iPhones or iPads from syncing automatically option.
Also read: How to manage your iTunes account on Mac
Stop Photos from Opening Automatically on your Mac
You can also prevent Photos app from opening automatically on your Mac, which is similar to the above steps. To do this:
- Launch Photos from your Mac.
- Plug your Apple device into your computer.
- When Photos begins, click ‘Import’ at the top right corner.
- Now there will have an ‘Open Photos for this device’ option next to the name of your device. Simply uncheck this box.
- Close the app and try again to reconnect your device. The Photos app will not be opened automatically anymore.
These are steps to stop iTunes from launching automatically on Windows PC or Mac. Feel free to let’s know your thought in the comment below.