How To Fix Fast Battery Drain On iOS 11
One of things that the iOS 11 users worry about most is the battery drainage. The fast battery drain is a result of several factors; so you should try each of the solutions to maximize your battery timing. Moreover, you also need to take care of all such programs and features that are eating up a large share of your device battery. Here are some methods you can try to improve the battery on your iOS 11 device.
Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth When Not In Use
One of the easiest ways to prevent the battery life from draining is disabling all those features on your phone when not in use. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are two of such functions.
Go to Settings -> tap on Wi-Fi/Bluetooth sections or simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and switch off the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth function.
Manage Battery Usage
If the battery life on your iOS 11 device drains faster than usual, you should keep a track of the battery consumption. Finding out apps that are exhausting your battery much is necessary. Thus, keep tracking your device’s power consumption.
- Go to Settings -> Battery -> take look at the battery utilization.
- Select the Last 24 Hours tab to check the battery use of the past 24 hours.
- Tap the Last 7 Days tab if you want to check the battery use in the past 7 days.
Background App Refresh
This is a very power-consuming feature. This feature makes the apps fresh in the background, but it takes a lot of battery. Therefore, we advise you to disable this feature.
- First go to Settings -> General
- Tap Background App Refresh
- Turn off the apps, which you want to get rid of running in the background.
Also read: How To Fix iPhone 7 Plus Frozen Issues
Disable Auto-Fetching of New Data
The new data on your iOS 11 device might be fetched by default, but you can turn it off or manually fetch your data.
- First, navigate Settings and tap on Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Fetch New Data.
- Disable Push to stop auto-fetching feature
- You can also tap on a specific account like Google or iCloud, if you choose Manual.
Regulate Display & Brightness
You can improve iOS 11battery life by controlling your device’s display and brightness.
- Go to Settings -> Display & Brightness.
- Turn off Auto-Brightness feature.
- Also make sure to keep auto-lock at the lowest.
The Raise to Wake feature is definitely a great feature; but if you want to save your battery, then you should turn it off on your iOS device and select the “Standard” for your device.