Tweak Brings A New Look For Notification Banners & Today Widgets
If you want to bring a new look for your iOS notifications, then a new jailbreak tweak named Modern might make you interested. The new tweak will replace the large stock banner notifications appearing throughout your iOS device, no matter are you in an app, on the Lock screen.
The effects after installing the Modern tweak are very nice, though the banners still has the same size of horizontal and vertical space as they did before. However, with the help of the sleeker UI, it can give the optical illusion, which makes banner notifications smaller.
Modern changes slightly the appearance of the Today widgets on the Lock screen, in Notification Center or the Home screen left-most page on your iOS 10 device. This tweak also includes preferences pane so that you can customize banner notification appearance. Here are things you can configure are:
- Enable/ disable the tweak on demand
- Turn on the visual effects for Today widgets
- Add the visual effects for notification banners
- Increase the app icon size
- Enable 3D effects for icon shadows, label shadows
- Add white text in the header (it’s the best for darker backgrounds)
- Hide or show the notification text
- Edit a custom notification text for the appearance.
However, to save these changes, you have to respring your device. There is also a respring button inside of the preferences pane so that you can respring conveniently.
In addition, the Modern tweak works well with other common notification UI-enhancing jailbreak tweaks like ColorBanners and Noctis, so it really makes your notification aesthetic. If you’re interested in this new tweak, you can grab it for only $1.00 from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. But the tweak is currently compatible only with the jailbroken iOS 10 devices.