Uninstall Apps Completely On Your Mac Using AppCleaner
Your Mac is crowed with many apps and you feel your Mac is running slower than normal, it’s good time to make a clean all unnecessary and idle apps on your device to make more spaces for storing other files and apps and help your Mac run faster. However, if you have many third-party apps installed on your Mac, uninstalling them is not as simple as you think. You will have to do this manually. So to help you do it easier, in this post, we will instruct you how to uninstall the apps completely with the help of AppCleaner.
Steps to Use AppCleaner to Uninstall Apps on Mac
However, before getting started, you should know that AppCleaner is a light app for Mac OS to be used for removing or uninstalling any app on Mac, including unofficial apps from App Store. The latest build of AppCleaner works with Mac OS X 10.4 – 10-11. Here is step-by-step guide to use AppCleaner to uninstall apps on your Mac.
- First of all, you have to download AppCleaner applicationand then install it on your Mac.
- When unzipping the app, there will appear the following prompts to check whether you want the app to automatically update.
- We recommend you to allow the app to check for any new updates by selecting ‘Check automatically’.
- Next, launch Spotlight Search feature of the app and search for the app you want to uninstall it.
- When the results displays on your Mac, now drag and drop the app you want into the AppCleaner’s window.
- Click on the tab saying ‘Remove’ to uninstall the app. You will be prompted to enter your password for proceeding.
- Wait for the process completed.
Which makes the AppCleaner app different from other apps on Mac that it is free of charge and you will not have to pay any fee. The app allows removing and uninstalling all the unwanted software to free up storage space and help your Mac run faster.