How To Install Kodi On Apple TV 4
Kodi is a huge entertainment utility store, not only on Android TV Box but also on iOS. Now, we will share the simplest process to install it on your Apple TV 4. This does not need to use unofficial distributions, require the jailbreak, and should run on both tvOS 10 and tvOS 9.
How to install Kodi to the Apple TV
- First off, you need to find the official source and download the most recent build of Kodi.
- Then, from the Mac App Store, you continue to download The Unarchiverfor free. This little app allows you to unarchive nearly all filetypes you might come across.
- Once downloaded, you can unarchive it to a folder by doubling-click the Kodi.deb. You must open the .deb with The Unarchiver in case it’s opening as a text document instead.
- Next, you need to look for the file called data.tar.lzma in folder and unarchive it to a folder calleddata by doubling click it.
- 5. You continue to look in data for the folder called Applications, and the file called Kodi (.app) inside that.
- Here, create a new folder called Payload which is in the Applications folder, next to Kodi.app.
- Next, you have to move Kodi.app into the Payload folder.
- At the Payload folder that now has Kodi.app inside it, you have to right-click and zipping it up by selecting the option Compress “Payload”.
- You have to rename Payload that compressed successfully into a .zip (called Payload.zip) to Kodi.ipa or whatever name you like.
Make sure that Note, the filetype is no longer .zip, it must be changed to .ipa.
- Now, you continue to sideload your new version of Kodi to your Apple TV by opening up Cydia Impactorand use it.
You can follow Steps 1-6 of our guide to sideload an application to Apple TV to do this.
Any mention of libertv.ipa should be replaced in the linked guide with the Kodi.ipa which we want to install instead.
- Finally, make sure the Kodi.ipa you have made is safe. This helps you reuse it without redoing the whole tutorial. And, you can sideload the application you made back into your device with only step 10.