How to Create and Edit videos with Apple’s New Clips App
The latest Apple application called Clips seems like a combination of Snapchat and iMovie. Clips app allows users to share their photos or videos up to a maximum of 30 minutes with color filters that come with special effects. The interface of the Clips looks pretty much like Apple’s main camera app. You can record a short film or take a photo before adding special effects to it. According to Apple, Clips is a new iOS app for creating and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics. So, fun seems to be its main purpose. You can download the Clips app in the App Store on your iPhone or iPad with an iPhone running iOS 10.3 or later.
How to download clips app on compatible devices
You can download Clips on iPhone or iPad by following these steps:
Step 1: Initially, you need to open the App Store.
Step 2: Then, you continue to tap the Search tap and type “Clips Apple.”
Step 3: Here, the first app should be Clips by Apple.
Step 4: Now, you can see the cloud icon with a downward-facing arrow and it is time to tap it.
You have finished downloading the app.
How to Use Clips App for Creating & Editing Videos on iPhone or iPad
Once you open the Clips app on your device, the camera view, which is for selfie mode is facing you. You should know some information about Clips:
- You will view a big red button, which says Hold to Record at the bottom. Here, you can record a video by holding the red button.
- Now, video is selected by default. By selecting Photo above the button, you can record a clip with a photo that can be added to your video’s timeline.
- Selecting Library is another way to select a photo or video from Photos
- You can use multiple video clips or multiple photos (available on your device or recorded) to make videos with your total time video less than 30 minutes. They will create a single video that you can share by stitching together.
- Notice that, rearranging the video clips and photos that are within your video Clip will be covered as soon as you go over editing your video.
- You can also edit individual clips to help them have a more cohesive look.
- To choose what video you want to work on or when you can create a new video, select the arrow in the top left corner of the app.
- Now, with an internet connection, you can access all of the Clips app’s feature.
You can find out many of its additional features and enhancements such as Voice to Caption, Video clip filters, effects, title screens, add music, edit your video, and share it in the other posts.