How to Fix Slow Internet Issues After The Update On MacOS Sierra
Upgrading your Mac to the latest version of macOS Sierra is always a great thing as you will be able to experience so many cool features and a redesigned interface. But after the update, many of users have the troubles with the internet connection. When browsing the web, the internet speed is very slow and general fixes like rebooting the modem cannot do the trick. So in this post, we’ll show you how to fix the slow internet issue in your Mac.
How to Fix Slow Wi-Fi after macOS Sierra After The Upgrade
After doing some research, we found out a solution to the Wi-Fi slowness issue. If this happens to your macOS Sierra, you should try the following solution:
- First, you need to turn off your Wi-Fi completely
- Then, create a new folder on your desktop and name for it
- Next up, you open your Finder (it looks like a smiley face icon at the dock) and then press the combination keys: Command + Shift + G. Remember to press all three keys at the same time.
- It will now pull up Go To From there, you type in: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
- Now, search for the following files:
- Copy and paste them to the folder you previously created.
- Then delete those .plist files from the System Configuration.
- Finally, click on Save again and close the tab.
One more step before you are done is restarting your Mac computer. Once it’s rebooted, try to connect to your Wi-Fi again. You will see your internet connection went back smoothly and feel it is much faster than before. If you still encounter the slow Wi-Fi connection issue, you should take your Mac computer to a nearby Apple Store for further assistant.