How You Can Convert M4A To MP3 Format Using iTunes
If you are used to purchasing music through the iTunes music store, you should know the M4A is a quite popular format. The M4A format has been put into active market distribution by Apple. Because of the popularity of Apple device users nowadays, M4A format has highly used in modern music platform. Although the M4A is mainly based on the MPEG-4 codec, there is a considerable number of differences between the M4A and MP4 formats. For example, the MP4 can include videos whereas M4A is the audio-only format.
So, if want to play an M4A audio file to a non-Apple music player, you have to convert the file to a MP3 format file first. In this post, we’ll guide you how to convert M4A file to MP3 using iTunes.
How to Convert M4A to MP3 Format Using iTunes
- First, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Although iTunes isn’t the only app that is capable of converting M4A to MP3, we still encourage you to use iTunes instead of anything else.
- Once installed, logged in with your Apple ID, and then proceed with the next steps.
- Go to the Preferences You’ll see a new window with the Generaltab selected. Under this tab, selct the ‘When you insert a CD:’ option and click on the ‘Import Settings’ button.
- Another new window will appear with little music quality preferences. Choose the MP3 encoderto import the songs you want.
- Take a look at some quality presets like High, Medium and Low quality settings, which will decide the bitrate and mono/stereo settings of ripped music. For the best output, you should select High.
- Now import the M4A file to convert to MP3 file into your iTunes music library. Just click on the File menu in top left corner, and then select Convert.
- On the new menu appears, click on Create MP3 Version
Your M4A files will now be converted and placed into the file save directory and these MP3 files will also be added to your music library in iTunes. You could now transfer these files to any of your favorite devices.