How to Fix Your iPhone Not Sending Messages Issue
You might have have a problem with your iMessages that as it sometimes does not send text messages to a phone other than an iPhone, or receive any message. This issue is caused by technical faults in your networks or may be a completely different issue as well. To fix this SMS sending and/or receiving issues, simply follow the article, where you will get a helpful fix to solve the error.
Solution to Fix the iPhone Not Sending Messages Issue
- Re-Insert your Sim Card
If your iPhone is facing some issues such as no network signal, no service, recipient is disconnected or airplane mode is active, please restart your iPhone and if it still doesn’t work, you should then re-insert your SIM card. After doing that, enter you pin code and try to send a text message again.
- Hard Reboot your iPhone
If the issue still happens then we suggest you should do a hard reset. To do the hard reset, simply follow these steps below:
- Hold down the Power button and the Home button (on iPhone 7/7 Plus is Volume Down button).
- Wait till the screen goes black and then the Apple logo will appear.
- Once the screen turns back on, see if you can send and receive text messages.
- Enable the Send as SMS option in Messages
iMessages has an “ Send as SMS” option enabled by default, but due to some accidentally reasons, this option is disabled, so your iPhone cannot send or receive text message.
To enable the sending by text message option, follow these steps
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Message’.
- Locate ‘Send as SMS’ and toggle it on.
- Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
If all the above doesn’t resolve the issue, then the only best option is resetting the network settings. This is more likely to fix your iPhone not sending or receiving text message issue.
- Go to Settings app.
- Select General tab.
- Tap on ‘Reset’ and then select Reset Network Settings
- Tap on Confirm.
Once finished it will reset your and when it turns back on, you can send and receive text messages from your iMessages app as normal.