How to block SMS from senders on iPhone
As text messages or SMS can be quickly delivered without doing much work, so many advertising companies are also using it to promote their services, products or even counterfeit SMS from hackers that can steals your information. Not only that, some people you have only met sometimes could also spam you with annoying texts. Fortunately, Apple has added more security features for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users, which allows them to have more control with their privacy and block specific SMS and iMessages from senders.
In this post, we will show you the method, which you can use to block SMS from senders on your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch. To block unwanted SMS, this tutorial, for general number blocking this one is great.
How to block unwanted or spam SMS from unknown senders on iPhone
If there are any spammers or advertising companies who try to send different promotions and offer for their products to your number ỏ spam SMS for you, they can also be blocked easily from your iPhone/iPad/iPod too just by the simple following steps:
- Open the Messages app from your Home screen
- Tap on the messages of the spammer
- Tap on Details at the top right corner
- There will appear a phone icon and a letter “i” icon of that number. Tap on the “i” icon
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find Block this Caller line, then tap on it
- Once you press on Block this Caller, the phone numbers you just blocked will never be able to make phone calls, send text messages, or Facetime to you.
The above methods will work well for most users; however, if you unfortunately have to receive SMS from spammers, then the best thing is contacting with your carrier. Almost of wireless carriers like Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile has a phone spam tools.
The tool of your Wireless Carrier will let you add an email address used to send text messages that you wish to block.