How to Back Up WhatsApp’s Messages And Media on Your iPhone
If you are a WhatsApp user, when you reset your device or uninstall the app, you’ll lose all your data. Of course, you can then reinstall the app, but without a backup, you will need to begin once again starting from scratch. All your What Sapp’s messages and media will be formatted, so in this post, we’ll show you how to back up all your data in WhatsApp on your iOS device.
- Use iCloud Drive for WhatsApp backups on iPhone
First, you’ll need to confirm that you’ve had iCloud turned on and set up to back up WhatsApp data.
- Open Settings from your Home screen.
- Scroll down the menu until you see iCloud.
- Tap on the iCloud
- Tap on iCloud Drive
- Toogle iCloud drive to On if it is off.
Ensure that iCloud access for WhatsApp is turned on. Apps are displayed under the alphabetical order, so WhatsApp should be near the end.
- Back up your WhatsApp’s data to iCloud
- Launch WhatsAppfrom your Home screen.
- Tap on Settings in the bottom right corner (the gear icon)
- Tap on the Chats
- Tap on Chat backup.
- Select Back Up Nowto upload your chat data to your iCloud storage.
If you want to let iCloud automatically store your chat data, just follow these simple steps.
- Tap Auto Backup.
- Tap the backup frequency. You’ll see three options: Daily, Weekly and Monthly.
- Select Chat Backupto back to the last Settings menu.
- Tap the switchnext to “Include videos” to toggle whether backup video messages or not.
Now everything is backed up, you will then be able to restore your chats if you reinstall WhatsApp on other iOS devices. In case you change your data to a new phone, make sure everything is backed up to iCloud first. Then you just need to go through the WhatsApp set up process, and simply restore your chat history when prompted.