How to Switch from iOS Public Beta back to Official version
Although the benefits of the beta release versions are undeniable, once the iOS official version is come out, you should quit the Public Beta and back to the official version to get the best stabilization for your iDevices. Here is how to get off the beta tester and get back to regular old public releases.
How to disable the Beta Software Profile
Switching from the iOS beta release back to the public version is very simple. You just need to delete your “iOS Beta Software Profile”. If you sound it familiar, it is the exact profile you loaded into your iOS device to install the beta version.
- Just take your iOS device and open up the Settings app, then tap on “General”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the General, find, and tap on “Profile: iOS Beta Software Profile”.
- You should take a note here. If your device does not run at a beta version, there will not have iOS Beta Software Profile
- If there is other profiles besides “iOS Beta Software Profile”, do not take any action with them without contacting your service provider or the office managing your device.
- You should not delete anything relating other labels.
- Inside the “iOS Beta Software Profile”, tap on “iOS Beta Software Profile” again.
- Select “Delete Profile”
- You will be prompted to type in your device’s passcode to confirm removing the profile and then a confirmation will display at the bottom of the screen, tap on it.
- After deleting the Profiles, the screen will then report that no profiles are currently installed.
Now the beta profile has gone, however, you device is not still able to update to the newest iOS version. Then you need to restart your device to take the effect. Press and hold the Power button, when the line “swipe to power down” appears, slide on it. Wait fof a few seconds, then press the Power button again to restart your device.
Once your device reboot successfully, go to Settings > General > Software Update to confirm that you are off the beta release channel and ready to update the official version.
At the time of this tutorial, the beta release is on iOS version 10.2.1 beta 1, but the official version only stops at 10.2 . Now you can tap on “Download and Install” to update your device as usual.