Know How You Can Reduce Cellular Data Usage in iOS 10.2 on iPhone/iPad
There are a lot of features on your iPhone/iPad that are eating up you cellular data everyday such as the Background App Refresh, Whatsapp, Location services, and Facebook, Messenger. However, there are some tips that can help you reduce cellular data usage on iOS 10.2 on iPhone/ iPad? Check out 7 of these tips below!
How to reduce cellular data usage in iOS 10.2 on iPhone/iPad
Here are 7 ways to reduce cellular data usage in iOS 10.2 on iPhone/iPad. Let’s check out
- Allow specific apps to use your cellular data
Make sure that you just allow selected apps to use your data. To do this, go to Settings > Cellular and then Toggle off the apps you no longer want to use data.
- Turn off location services
One of the most useful tricks to reduce the fast data consumption is just to use Location Services only when you need. Go to Settings > Privacy, then tap on Location Services and Toggle it off when it is unnecessary.
- Disable background app refresh
Background App Refresh consumes not only a lot of battery but also fast cellular data. Therefore, it’s better to switch it off. To do this, Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and toggle the switch next to it off.
- Switch off Cellular data for iCloud
When your iPhone/iPad is not connected to the Wi-Fi network, it usually uses your mobile data to transfer documents and sync data with iCloud. To reduce cellular data usage you should switch it off. Go to Settings> iCloud > iCloud drive and turn of the switch next to the ‘Use Cellular Data’ option.
- Disable Wi-Fi assist
If the Wi-Fi network near you is poor, your device will automatically start using cellular data. Therefore, it is a good idea to turn off Wi-Fi Assist.
Go to Settings > Cellular, then scroll down and find the Wi-Fi assist option, tap on it, and toggle the switch next to it off.
- Disable Auto-downloads and Updates
Turning off the auto-downloads and updates feature can be good both for the health of your battery and your cellular data usage as well.
Head to Settings > iTunes & App Store, then turn off the switch next to ‘Use Cellular Data’.
- Send low-quality images
If you usually use images to communicate with your friends or family, you’d better to send low-quality images as it will help you save a lot of data.
If you use social apps day by day for chatting with friends or work, there is another thing you can do to use apps smartly and prevent them from consuming fast your data.
- Check Out What’s App Calling: Open WhatsApp on your device and move to the Settings tab. From here, tap on Data Usage and toggle on Low Data Usage.
- Facebook: Open Facebook > More>Settings >Account Settings. Then tap on Videos and Photos> Video Settings > Auto-play. Here, select ‘Never auto-play Videos’ or the ‘On WiFi Connections Only’
- Check out Twitter: Open Twitter on your iPhone/iPad and head to your Profile icon. Here, tap on the Gear icon and then Settings. Now, tap on Data and choose either ‘Use Wi-Fi only’ or ‘Never play videos automatically’
These are some simple methods to help you reduce cellular data usage on your iOS 10.2 iPhone/iPad. If you find it useful, share your feelings with us in the comment below