How to Fix Charging Problems in iOS 10 on iPhone/iPad
After updating your device to iOS 10, you may meet some charging issues: your iPhone/iPad not charging or charging slowly.
iOS 10 brings a completely a new change for iOS users, but we’ve seen many users complained about charging issues after updating to iOS 10 on their iPhone/ iPad or iPod touch: their iPhone/iPad won’t charge or charge slowly. iOS 10 has a lot of fun features, however, no iOS is perfect, and it is possible that you may meet kinds of iOS 10 issues like charging problems we just mentioned. Don’t worry, you just read through this post to get some quick fixes.
How to Fix iPhone/iPad/iPod Won’t Charge
When connect your iPhone/ iPad to the adapter or the computer, you find that it is not charging. This is a common issue, about which many iOS users complained. Before taking your device to Apple Genuine, there are some solutions that you should try.
- Remember to only use official Apple-matched chargers. If you use some cheap and low quality cables, you are usually able to encounter an error that the cable is not certified on the iPhone (or iPad). This can cause the charging issue.
- Hard reset your device. Long- press both the Power button and the Home button, keep holding them until the screen turns back on and displays the Apple logo.
- Check damage of the lighting cable. Most of us also have got a broken charging cable at some points. It is not safe to charge your iDevice and that might cause your iPhone or iPad will not charge when plugged in.
- Change the adapter or Apple lighting cable if available.
- Power off your device to charge: Press and hold the Power button, when you see Slide to power off, turn off your iPhone/iPad and charge it now.
- Restore your iOS device with iTunes. However, first you should backup the data of your iPhone or iPad with iTunes, and then restore it from the backup you just made.
In case your iPhone/ iPad charges slower than usual after getting the iOS 10, you can follow some quick tips to make your iPhone or iPad charged faster.
- Clean up the Lightning Port of Your device. After a period of use, the charging port of your iPhone/iPad may get full of dirt or dust, which reduces the charging speed. Then shut down iPhone/iPad and get rid of all the dirt out of the charging port by using toothpicks or dry soft toothbrush.
- Use the iPad Charger for iPhone. To charge your iPhone quicker, you can use an iPad charger if you have one.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and Turn off Wi-Fi While Charging. Doing this way, you will not be able to make or receive calls, messages, notifications or connect to network, but it helps the battery charge faster than normal.
- Turn off iPhone/iPad While Charging. This is just like the fifth method above, you can charge faster by powering off your iDevice, and you can try this method before sleeping when you won’t need to use your iPhone or iPad.
Here are some tips to quickly fix charging problems in iOS 10. If you have other good suggestions to help iPhone iPad charge faster, please share with us in the comment sections below