Few Easy Steps to Change Your iPhone Carrier Name in iOS 10
Changing the default carrier logo on the iPhone to their style has always been one of favorites of many people after jailbreaking their iOS device.
This isn’t a difficult task since many of you have known a utility for Mac and Windows that allows creating a custom carrier on your iPhone /iPad without having to jailbreak iPhone. Although the tool doesn’t require users to jailbreak their device, several people have said that it doesn’t work on their iPhone, specifically on later models such as the iPhone 6s Plus or SE.
Well, if you have jailbroken your iPhone running iOS 10, you can now take advantage of a tweak called CustomCarrier to do it on your device. As its name suggested, this tiny tweak will allow you to change the default carrier name of your iPhone in iOS 10 to any name you want. Here is how to do
How to Change your Carrier Name in iOS 10 using CustomCarrier
- Launch Cydia from your home screen and wait for your sources to update
- Move to the Search page
- Type in CustomCarrier (iOS 10)
- You will see a tweak whose author is @ijapija00
- Install it and Respring your device
- Then, go to your Settings app. From there, scroll down until you see the CustomCarrier
- Here, you can enable/disable CustomCarrier by entering a custom text to replace your default carrier name on your iPhone
- Finally, tap on the Apply Changes. Your iPhone will restart and then you will the magic happened, the carrier logo has been changed.
There is also another tweak people usually use called Zeppelin, which also let you do the same thing. However, it’s currently outdated and just supports for iOS 9 and lower, and so CustomCarrier tweak (iOS 10) is the best option now for everryone who want to change the carrier name.