How To Save Text Messages On iOS Devices
When updating your iOS device to newer version or restoring your handset, you know that all your chat conversation in messages app will be deleted. If you are looking for steps to save text messages on your iOS devices, then we have some ways for you. Let us look at the two ways in which you can save the messages on iOS devices
- Using iTunes and iExplorer
The best way to save messages on your iOS device is using iTunes and iExplorer apps. Although it is easy to use, you should keep in mind that iExplorer is a premium app and if you want to get it, you need to pay $40 for the basic version. Now, follow the given steps to save your iMessages, SMS on iTunes:
- Open iTunes and connect your iOS device to a computer.
- Click on your iOS device
- Under the Summary tab, look for the Manually Backup and Restore, then selectthe Backup Now option. Once iTunes has completed saving the messages, check Latest backups and you will find all the messages recently backed up by the iTunes.
- But to open these messages, they require a premium iExplorer iOS app
- Once installed, open iExplorer and go to the Browse iTunes Tap on Messages section to check the saved text messages. Select a conversation and export them as TXT, PDF, or CSV file. Besides, the iExplorer can also backup the text messages. In iExplorer, just tap on the Device Overview option > Data > Messages to back up your current message conversations.
Also read: Know how to turn off Email Threads in iOS10
- Using AnyTrans
AnyTrans is a free app that allows you to create backups for your messages. You only follow these steps below to back up your messages using AnyTrans.
- Download and install AnyTrans on your computer.
- Once completed, connect your iOS device to the computer and open it.
- Scroll down to look for chat conversation. Click on it to show all the messages on your device.
- Select the conversation you want to backup and then click on the download icon on the top right corner to save the conversation into the computer.
- Wait for the messages to be transferred to your computer, then you can delete them from your iOS device.
Above are two simple ways to save text messages on your iOS device. All methods are easy and the apps used are user-friendly. Do you think it useful? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment below.